Yogi Grand is an SGX Certified Coach for obstacle course racing (OCR). You might be asking yourself, “what exactly is SGX?” SGX is Spartan Obstacle Course Racing’s official OCR training program.
SGX functional workouts are original, varied and build balanced, multi-faceted athletes who excel in all-over strength, athleticism and endurance.
The workouts are diverse, unique, focus on body-weight and typically in a group setting.
In an SGX class, you bend, crawl, carry, climb, hang, jump, lift, lunge, pull, push, run, sprint, squat and twist.
OCR Training in an SGX Class
Personal & Small Group Training are available for the following days and times:
5:30am – 6:45am
6:30pm – 7:45pm
9:00am – 11:00am
9:00am – 11:00am
Classes are broken down as follows:
– 5 to 10 min stretch and warm-up.
– Three different exercise routines varying in length, from 15 to 25 minutes.
1) The Burner
The burner is an anaerobic cardio builder that is shorter in duration but high pace movements.
2) The Pacer
The pacer is an aerobic cardio builder, longer in length and more constant movement at a steady pace.
3) The Obstacle Builder
We focus on heavy carrier or a particular movement that we need to practice on.
– We break each routine for 3 to 5 minutes.
– Classes run from 1 Hour 15 Minutes to 1 Hour 30 Minutes
Additional Class Notes
– May call to schedule personal training session outside of these hours.
– Classes are generally outdoors whenever possible.
– Outdoor classes are held at Lake Patterson Forest Preserve.
Multiple Pricing Options
– Drop Ins (Single Visit)
– Weekly Rate (2 – 4)
– Private Sessions vs. Group
– Please call or email for more information.